Monday, October 08, 2012

The time has flown...

I have no idea where the time is going, it seems barely five minutes since we were on Summer holiday and trying to stay dry from the awful rain, now we are into my favourite season, Autumn. I love the smells and colours of autumn I love the pumpkins and the smell of the candle scorched flesh. Whats not to like about autumn?? Well the not so good things are the days getting shorter, the weather getting colder and the build up to Christmas. I love Christmas but its the preparation that gets me down. Perhaps its a sign I'm getting old and that some of the magic is wearing thin!!

Beth has been preparing for her GCSE's lots to do in this last year, it has just cost me £50 in revision guides. Her art pieces have also consisted of a lot of things, so it has been art overload to get her canvas finished. It has been through a lot of stages backwards and forwards to school but its finally sorted.


My camera seems to be having some sort of crisis and depending on the setting changes the colours quite significantly, I may have to investigate what is going on a bit further!!!


I think the bottom picture is a closer representation of the true colour, but it looks brilliant in real life, full of sparkle and depth of colour. 

I am looking forward to my upcoming girls weekend away, this year we are heading for Hamburg in the first week of December. It has a great reputation for Christmas Markets, so it should be a great experience, I'd like to order a sprinkling of snow to go with the mulled wine and that way we will have a perfect break!!!
Take a look here it looks fantastic!!!


2 comments:

Jen said...

So jealous of your Christmas market trips!! And my oh my what a gorgeous canvas. Clever Beth :)

Debbielou said...

Brilliant Beth ! Well done x