Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Home Again :(

Well time really does fly, its hard to believe that our two week holiday has been and gone and I am back home and back at work. As usual Florida was quite an exhausting trip although I did have the benefit of one of those little electronic scooter things. Without one I would not have been able to have done the parks. I simply can't walk any distance without severe pain in my hip.

So I'll tell you a little about the trip.

We stayed at The Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista. This was a lovely hotel, although if you look at Trip Advisor you will see many mixed reviews, I think basically it comfortable, serviceable with friendly staff, what more can you ask for? There was an on site shop and Deli, a restaurant, bar, swimming pools and most of all a very comfortable bed. 




We were on the ground floor and the only real disadvantage that we had was that in the morning people would walk pass the room talking to each other which woke us up, but we were planning on getting up fairly early to get cracking in the parks so not a huge problem.

Our first day was spent at Universal Studios. We were lucky as the crowds were relatively small so we didn't really have to queue too much. The parks were well organised for people in scooters and wheelchairs, they had easy access to just about everything that I wanted to go on. They also let all of us stay together because its not much fun being split up from your family to do the ride alone. 


On the walk through the park we met Shaggy and Scooby, Shaggy cracked a great gag, Where are you from? Beth said North of London, Shaggy said , Oh I heard you have a bridge there and its falling down!!!!


Tom met Marilyn Munroe!


The girls met characters from The Simpson's!!


The Simpson's ride was fantastic, we managed to have a few goes on that a slightly different experience each time. 


This year for the first time I was able to fit into all the rides that I wanted to go on. Luckily they have seats for you to try so that you don't have to queue up for nothing. I was a bit worried about how it would effect my hip, but as long as I was able to keep my feet on the floor I was able to brace myself against the carriage and not hurt myself. I decided against the roller coasters without floors and flailing legs would not be good for me!!! It was boiling hot, for the whole of the two weeks and although I didn't do that much walking, I didn't do that much eating either!! So I was surprised when I got home to find I had lost half a stone!!

I'll update more when I get a moment!!



No comments: