Sunday, May 25, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy.........

So here we are very nearly at the end of the month and on the brink of summer (well I hope we are !!) We have had some lovely weather and a whole lot of rain and thunder!! the garden has gone mad and for the first time ever we have not got any annuals just a load of come again plants which will repeat flower from now on!




Just look at those Foxgloves!!! I didn't plant them, I had one very dark pink one last year but this year I have a dozen or more pale pink ones, they are so beautiful. I think feeding the birds has resulted in them naturally depositing seeds for me!!


I was given some Iris plants and they are going mad as well, a beautiful purple.


This rose called Pearl Wedding was bought by my friends Sue and Sandra for our 'pearl anniversary' last year. Its a patio rose so we planted in a pot and looked after it, its now going great guns and has loads of flowers!.

Last week we celebrated my number two God daughters 30th Birthday. Both Emma and her twin brother, Stuart invited us around for Sunday afternoon tea. The weather was rather too beautiful, I ended up with a very rosy glow.


Sitting in the sun


Stuart having his sun cream applied!!!


Thumbs up from Emma.


Tina made the cakes and they were lovely chocolate confections!! Before she presented them for the candle blowing session 'someone' leaned on the number three!!! I wonder which Bobbie that was ????

We also managed to get some free tickets for a visit to the cinema, so we went to see 'The love punch' The screening was in aid of the newly opened food bank. I can't believe that we are having to help people who do not have enough money to feed themselves, its an absolute disgrace that some people have had to rely on this in what is rather an affluent area of Hertfordshire. We took a bag of tins with us it was still cheaper 
than paying for two adult priced tickets!

The absolute high light of the whole week was attending my number one God daughters Wedding. I had known about it for a while and had plenty of time to prepare, in fact rather too much time, I was still uncertain what to wear right up until the night before the big day!! I have borrowed various accessories, searched out the shops for the perfect finishing touch. In the end I settled for 'classic' (well in my head) Black and White polka dots!!! The day started off well, despite leaving in torrential  rain we arrived in Bury St Edmund's in bright sunshine. We were a little early for our hotel room so we popped into town and had lunch. We checked into the hotel at 1.30 and chilled a bit before we got ready.



The  Hotel was very nice, with valet parking, although I expect the chap was expecting far more than the ancient Renault Megane with a very dodgy alarm that we arrived in!!
So we prepared ourselves for the big event, I had checked the location on my computer and printed it out so that we could walk there. Everyone we asked said '10 minutes' an easy walk. So I doubled the time and we set off in the direction of where we thought the Farmers Club was. We walked 20 minutes as per the map, no luck. We asked several locals, none had heard of it. I was starting to get a little panicky, when eventually a little old lady knew where it was. She sent us back the way we had come and we found it about five minutes from the hotel, in fact it was within sight of the UNISON building, a place I go every six weeks or so!!! So in future ignore the fantastic directions as supplied by Mr Google!!
We arrived with a few minutes to spare.
The Wedding was fantastic, a small intimate affair, just family and close friends. Rebecca looked gorgeous.


The Bride and Groom! Becca and Andy.



The brand new Mrs!!!!




We were very honoured to attend as her God parents!!

Becca takes after me, she is crafty, she can only have got it from me as her Mum isn't!!!! (sorry Fran)
The reception was a vintage afternoon tea affair, with hand made elements and gorgeous flowery mismatched crockery. 





In the evening there was dancing under bright coloured pom poms and fairy lights. The evening was finished off with a huge amount of cheese, crackers and wedding cake.



I really enjoyed myself, and I really appreciated trying out the local brew Aspinals cider!! It was very nice, just like drinking apple juice!!
So that is number one God daughter all married and happy, this fairy God mother just has to work her magic on the other two!! (I mean you Emma and Gracie!!!) And who knows perhaps one day one or two of my own children might get married, you never know!!!








3 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

I was at a wedding, too! It's such a wonderful time of year.
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

Fran said...

Lovely photos Liz. We're glad you both had a lovely day-us too. Don't give up on me yet. I think you'll find that I'm still young enough to learn to be crafty!

Lyzzydee said...

Hi Jenn, I have been watching your Wedding experiences as well!!!
Fran, its never too late to craft I love it so much!!!!