Sunday, August 16, 2015

Oh the Pain :(

This has not been a particularly good week one way and another.  On the plus side I have won a bet with Beth, I was the first member of the family to avail myself of the new Queen Elizabeth 2 hospital services. I felt sure that it would be Beth, she is usually the one. She has had no need to use the walk in bit, although she has had physio there for a few weeks. Well after a week of hobbling around on my sore foot I caved into pressure from everyone to go and get it checked out.

Beth came with me and it wasn't a whole lot different to the old hospital. It was far more colourful, very bright! It was pouring with rain when we got there and the first thing I noticed was that the floor was a stupid colour showing every foot step. The poor cleaners have a non stop job keeping that clean. I was reassured that the usual receptionist was there. So after catching up with Jen I waited to be called.  Within minutes I was taken through and saw a nurse who pulled my foot around and said 'looks like you have broken something' I was so grateful to have had it pulled around it was already painful before the unexpected assault! My foot is swollen and I can't wear regular shoes, so I was wearing thick soled flip flops. I then had to listen to a lecture about how flip flops are 'known in the medical trade' as 'trauma shoes' Strange thing is that I wasn't wearing them at the time of the injury !! I tried to tell her that but she didn't want that fact to get in the way of a good telling off! She sent me around the corner for an X-Ray.

Off we went around to another colour coded area to wait for the call. A nice man took me for an X-ray and hinted that I had a broken bone or two. So it was back to the first lady who said that she needed to tape my toes together, unfortunately I am a sensitive soul and unable to cope with plaster it has a tendency to make my skin peel off, as soon as I told her she told me to go home and tape my toes up myself!! So that was a great afternoon out!! I suppose I should have gone when I actually injured myself it seems a bit pointless now, I'll just take it easy and allow it to heal on its own wearing my special 'trauma shoes' !!!

Just for good measure on the Wednesday I was at the Dentists. I really can't get used to the new Dentist, I am suspicious that he is trying to rip me off. My old dentist was a bit of a 'used car salesman' type. It was simple I turned up, he treated me I paid and went home. Now its all 'discussing the treatment plan' I get to decide exactly what he should do first (I don't want that responsibility) The surgery is now horrible it feels like I am going to have a full blown operation every time I go there which is somewhat unnerving. The old dentist had photos on the ceiling which you could lose yourself in and ignore what was going on, now you are hard pressed to find a speck of anything to look at. I also feel that every little thing the previous dentist did is being criticised, which actually makes me feel cross. So I submitted to the latest onslaught, I needed two things doing and I had to choose - I foolishly chose to have a root canal treatment . I went in with no pain and came out with a numb mouth. The problem started the next day when I woke up with full blown raging toothache. The pain was awful so I ended up back at the dentist with a course of antibiotics and a face like a chipmunk. The weekend has been a write off as I have been pill popping and trying to get some sleep.

Before all my medical 'incidents' I tried a few more pictures with my new iphone lenses. I am still impressed!!






I am still amazed at what you can see with these lenses!!

I have also been scrapping the photos from Carl's gathering, it was a bit daunting as there were so many, but I eventually decided on cutting the photos into squares and getting 9 on a page!!





A great night out!!
We were able to chat this afternoon with Carl, he seems to be settling in OK, it feels like he has been away forever. I am happy that he seems happy!!

Have a great week, I hope I can stop with the painkillers sometime soon
xxx


No comments: