Friday, April 04, 2008

Great Day.

Yesterday was a great day, first he passes his driving test, then last night we went up to London to see a show. For my birthday in February Carl bought me 4 tickets to see Willy Russells Blood Brothers. It was a fantastic show at the Phoenix theatre, it was funny, well acted and quite emotional and sad all at the same time. Its certainly the best show I have seen at the theatre ever and one I would see again.
We left the car at Cockfosters and got the Piccadilly line straight to Leicester Square, we had dinner before the show and then walked up to the Theatre. As always seems to happen, you go all that way and when I took Beth to the loo, I bumped into someone I knew from Welwyn Garden City!! Seems there was a coach trip from Monks Walk school there as well!! (its a play studied for GCSE, which is how Carl had seen it before!)
By the time we got back it was midnight and although I am now on the way t work everyone else is still in bed!!!

3 comments:

Debbielou said...

Sounds great! - glad you had a good time.
The last time we went to the theatre in London was for Mary Poppins which was brilliant - they sure know how to do it

suebaru said...

Love that show, I saw it in Liverpool :) And do you ever go anywhere without bumping into someone you know?!!

Maureen said...

I LOVED that show! I saw it here in NYC with David and Shaun Cassidey and Petula Clark...and I loved it!

Last show we saw in London was We Will Rock You in summer of '04...loved that...my daughter wanted to know how come I could sing all the songs....duh! For a smart kid, at times.....LOL

Anyway - glad you had a great time!!
((()))Maureen