Thursday, November 27, 2008

Di Hickmans Sketch - Happy Birthday


Here is this weeks interpretation of Di Hickmans latest Sketch. (Please check out all the other designers over on her blog.)
In this card I have used one of my favourite colour combinations, Yellow and Green. I love the bright sunny colours, you can't help but smile!!
This time I have tried out my new toy, a cuttlebug, So far I am impressed with it. I was never going to have one as I already have a robo and couldn't see a need. BUT I snagged this one in an online closing down sale, for half price, it would have been rude not to have bought it wouldn't it??? This little die and embossing folder came with the machine. I added colour to it by smearing the front of the folder with brown chalk ink, and then squishing it between the rollers.
Anyway the patterned paper at the top is from DCWV Glitter matter stack (a very useful pad!!) The yellow is from Papermill and the flower is from Prima. The heart is also a cuttle bug die cut shape, I used a piece of card from packaging coloured with silver ink. I have stamped the greeting in brown ink with invaluable Studio G Mini Stamps.
I hope you like it.

5 comments:

Manna said...

Gorgeous card, girlfriend! Great bold & bright colours.

Natalie said...

This is lovely Lyzzy. x

Lou Sims said...

Fabby card and love the colours you have used.

Alex said...

Beautiful card Lyzzy!!! I love the bright, fun colors! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Louise F NZ said...

This is great! i love the huge flower!