Saturday, November 01, 2008

Home Again.



This picture was taken by me at around 3.30pm yesterday in the beautiful city of Brugge. The reason that I took it was that back in the summer when we visited with Debbielou and her family we found that it was extremely easy to get lost in the back streets that are all very pretty and somehow look the same. As it turned out it was lucky that I did, as we wandered around the squares and chocolate shops, we mis judged and couldn't find the car!!! Luckily with the assistance of a sat nav and my photo we were happily reunited!!



We had decided to call in on Brugge as we had a late ferry crossing, 10pm from Dunkirk. The weather was really chilly and it got dark very early. Brugge is so pretty with horse traps all over the place, clattering through the cobbled streets. The passengers wrapped up with bright blankets. It would be beautiful with a covering of snow!! We had a good look around and even managed to revisit the Hamburger place that boasts a 'Crusty' Burger on the menu!! (only to use the loo!!)


We came across this really tiny chocolate shop, it was a tiny really old building that looked like it had been left over from a different time. It smelt absolutely beautiful and it felt like I had stepped into the set of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!!

We finally sailed at 10pm last night the ferry was on time and seemed to be nearly empty. We sat in exactly the same seats as the way out. We finally arrived home at 1.30am driving the poor dog into a frenzy of excitement!!

I intend to blog hop and catch up with all your news as soon as I get a minute!!




7 comments:

suebaru said...

Welcome home!

David Cranmer said...

You take some wonderful pictures.

Travis Erwin said...

I want to try a crusty burger.

Laura said...

Welcome home!

Maureen said...

You are quite the travel bug!! I am so glad you have such great photo talent...because then we get to see!! And what is so weird is that my pal Jacqui just called for a stamp invite before they leave on vacation ...to Brugge!! never heard of it before and now twice in one day! Must mean I need to go there too!! LOL hmmm....now I want to go look for that video CHitty chitty....and think of that lovely chocolate!!LOL
((()))reen

photowannabe said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Its most appreciated.
I enjoyed hopping through your blog.

Debbielou said...

Welcome home ! I admit that I also took a picture of a street sign when we were in Bruges but it didn't help !!! See you soon xx