Friday, September 26, 2014

We had a Great Turnout!!!


Well all the time we spent carefully preparing our wares for the big sale paid off!!


We set up our stall in the works canteen and just about sold out of everything.


We decided that the best thing to do was ask people to make a donation. 


We did a brisk trade and finally packed up as the lunch time crowd went on their way. 
I am pleased to say that we raised over two hundred pounds for Macmillan Cancer Care. Best of all we had very few cakes left!
This year there seems to have been a load of cake sales, several at work and tonight the Gym I go to had their version, which had some cakes but also some fruit. Best of all they were doing taster beauty treatments, so I had a head and shoulder massage with oils and hot stone massage. It was very relaxing.

Its been a bit of a tough week at work, although the last couple of days I have been on a pre retirement course which was brilliant. It made me sort out all my paperwork at home, I have a sack of shredding to do on Monday!! It has really made me think about preparing ourselves financially for retirement and the possibility of eventually having to go into a care home. There are things that you can do to make sure that the government can't take all of your money. I am definitely going to look into that, I don't want my kids not to be able to benefit after I have gone. I hadn't realised that there are ways to protect your money - Legally, you just need to have the correct financial advice!!

I am so glad its the weekend :)


No comments: