Saturday, August 22, 2009

We are back.

I can't believe that two weeks have gone in a flash, it seems like yesterday that we were frantically preparing for the holiday, trying to sort everything out. Now its gone.
We have had a very good time, this year the weather has been everything that it wasn't last year. We only had one wet day, last year we only had one dry day!
I have lots of photos to upload and share, but at the moment I am wading my way through piles of washing.
We left Wassenaar this morning at 9am, the plan was to drive to Gent in Belgium (on the way home) and take a look around there, but the traffic was quite heavy and we ended up with a quick 45 minutes while grabbing a roll for lunch. I am quite proud that I drove all the way home, through 4 different countries. We usually share the driving but Tom had a bit of an incident with a go kart last night and is nursing sore ribs and a bruised shin. I even drove onto the ferry, a job usually reserved for 'men' (its strange just how few women drive cars onto the ferry!!) Its all good practice for when I go away in December when I will be the only driver on a visit to Bruggs.
The other big news is that while we were away we had a new bathroom fitted, so I was really pleased to come home and find that it looks beautiful, it echos a lot at the moment as it needs flooring and a blind, but I am very pleased with it, I am even more pleased not to have been here during the fitting process!!
Right on with the washing, can't wait to download the pictures!!

2 comments:

Raymonde said...

Welcome back, sound as if you had a good time. Looking forward to seeing the photos and you for a big hug. xxx

Sue Jones said...

Welcome back! glad the hol was great..sorry it went so quick ( they always do!) and bathroom sounds great :)