Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Happy Christmas!!!!


Well Christmas has nearly gone, but we have had a great time so far. This afternoon we are having tea at Mum and Dads, which will be nice. I was very lucky with my gifts this year. Laura bought me a 'Storm Glass'  I had been after one of those for a while but they have always been quite expensive. Its a barometer which indicates what the weather will be like in the coming days. It has some sort of crystals in the bottom (the fuzzy white stuff you can see in the tube above) When I set it up yesterday you couldn't see the crystals at all, they were hidden in the wooden base. I had to prime the tube by shaking it and warming it with a hair dryer. Once it settled it indicated rain, its still indicating rain and I think it will for a good long time yet!!!


I like a bit of weather info, I have had a weather 'thingy' for some while when all of a sudden it gave up the ghost and started to predict all sorts of erratic weather, the little man was wearing swimming trunks (indicating hot weather) while the back ground was showing snow flakes!! It was clear that something was not well. No amount of fiddling made any difference  so I asked for a new one for Christmas, Carl got me this one, which works beautifully!!!


As I make jewellery I seem to have quite a lot of it. Beth bought me this lovely mannequin to hang my bits and pieces on. Its very pretty.


A gift from another friend, perfect for my dresser. These are only a few of the things that I have received. Thank you to all my family and friends !!!


Finally you can't beat a hand made original, beautiful painting from my God daughter Emma, she is very talented at painting and I love this picture!!!


Onto Christmas dinner, the turkey was quite a big one, so I got up at 7.30 to get it in the oven, we had been out the night before so I hadn't got around to doing much else so I had to make an apple pie and prepare all the veg. We finally sat down to dinner around 1.45pm a bit later than planned!!!



We we totally staff afterwards and didn't have supper until around 9.30pm!!! We popped around to see Mum and Dad and will be going back there for tea today.
Roll on New Year!!


1 comment:

Jenn Jilks said...

Quite a haul! We will have Christmas next week. We're both fighting colds.