Thursday, December 11, 2008

It has been a long week

On the one hand it has flown by on the other it has dragged. Work is absolutely awful at the moment with the threat of redundancy hanging over lots of people which in turn quite rightly makes them twitchy and worried about their future, so they take it out on the people who are trying to help them work their way through it all. This has an effect on those people and so we go around. Last night I didn't finish work until 9pm which was great after an 8am start.
I am so pleased that I have got a shopping delivery slot, all I have to remember now is to update my shopping list or Christmas will consist of two packs of cheese and a bag of sausage rolls!!

I have managed a pretty amazing thing though, I have managed to keep alive all year a potted Azalea. Its been sat on my windowsill in the conservatory through all the hot weather, it has dropped all of its leaves on a couple of occasions, after I forgot to water it. It has then revived itself. This morning it has burst into flower and I am amazed that it has thrived basically on neglect from last Christmas!!

No comments: