Monday, January 12, 2009

A New Week.

Well the weekend has flown by, not enough time to do anything really before its time to start over again. The weather has changed its warmer and now its wet, very wet, not really had much rain for a while, I think we will make up for it this week.
The reunion went well on Saturday night. It was great to see so many people that have been part of school life, Laura's reception class teacher, Mrs Greener plus all the previous heads. So we had all four heads (the only four heads) all together ! The turnover of heads is not great thank goodness. There were lots of teachers from over the years plus ex pupils and parents. It was a good night and one that we must repeat again. The strange thing is I took my camera but didn't take any photos, I put it down to the fact that I was taking photos with my friend Raymondes super dooper new camera and didn't use mine!! (I'm sure she'll share with me!!)
Dad is doing well and I am sure barring a major set back he will be home in the next couple of days. Its the same old story over the weekend the hospital runs on minimum staffing, which is a mystery as you still have patients and if you actually continued to assist them with physio and the likes you might actually aid their recovery and free a bed earlier. So I have been in with mum and Beth and we have assisted him with the exercises that he has been left. I have seen an improvement with increased mobility on his part and he is now able to get in and out of bed unaided. When will hospitals realise that they are a 24 hour a day 7 days a week concern???
Carl has one of his A level exams today, so he was preparing last night tweaking an essay that has to go with the exam today. This is a resit caused by an error that his teacher made. Last year for IT he taught the 'wrong' curriculum and every single pupil who took the AS level was ungraded, so the school are paying for the resit and the content has been checked this time, so fingers crossed.
So back to work for another week of arguments and meetings.

3 comments:

Sepiru Chris said...

Lzyyedee,

Good luck to Carl and your Dad.

I, with Junosmom, am keeping a mirror MTM site to hand back to Travis when all is better and he wants them back. I want to keep it alive and well for Travis.

If you are going to post an MTM, let me know by dropping a line on the most recent MTM so I can add you to the mirror and keep it going for Travis.

Cheers,
Chris

Debbielou said...

Long time no speak ! Trying to catch up with everything . Glad to hear that your dad is doing ok. Hope Carl got on with his exam today.
Catch up soon

Happy New Year !! xx

suebaru said...

Glad your Dad is doing well, might see you Wednesday :)