Thursday, October 01, 2009

My Drawers!!!!

A few weeks ago I went to a car boot sale and discovered this nice set of drawers, I liked the size, the number of drawers and the shape, but I wasn't struck on the colour and there was a lot of surface damage. It had obviously been in a kids room because it was covered in scribbles and stickers. I gave it a sand and got rid of most of the damage.


I decided to paint them cream so that they would fit into my bedroom ( we don't have too much spare room, but they have fit right in.)


I thought that it would be a great project, but when I was on my second coat of cream I realised that I am not cut out for furniture renovation, I wanted it to be finished and I wasn't really enjoying the process. I found the painting to be tedious!!!


Finally I finished the painting and then spent some time trawling the Internet looking for new 'knobs' I immediately hit upon a problem.I needed 12 knobs and buying that number was going to rapidly make my up to now cheap project, a very expensive one!! So after a lot of surfing, I decided that I would replace the old knobs, recycling is the way to go!!

This week has been a busy one, work has been a blur with lots going on. What I really hate is the political wrangling, all the he said she said stuff that makes my brain fry. I just want to get on with my job and I just want to do the best that I can. This week has been one that was just not going to comply. I am really looking forward to going home time tomorrow!!!

Saturday will hopefully be good, we are going to London Guildhall for a presentation. Carl has won some lifesaving awards and we are looking forward to going and exploring the place and watching him collect his awards!

1 comment:

Raymonde said...

Enjoy your day in London, with your family. Well done to Carl. Hope you are not missing him too much!! xxx