Monday, March 21, 2011

Good Weekend.

My Babies !!!
This weekend has been a pretty busy one, hospital visiting and making beads. I am not really sure what is going on with Mum and I don't really think she knows for sure either. She has been in bed since she went in last Thursday and one Doctor has said they need to operate and another has said that they don't. The latest plan is for them to do a scan today to see what is happening. On the positive side she doesn't appear to be in a huge amount of pain and she seems to be 'with it' which helps as she can fight her own corner a bit more.

In the gaps between visiting I have been fiddling around making beads. I definitely think I am making steps forward, on the plus side I can make 'similar' sized beads, although patterns are a bit more hit and miss, but practice makes perfect. I just want to be able to make pretty beads NOW!!!!!

Another thing to learn is colour combinations, some glass changes when it is heated and others interact and make pretty effects, so its trial and error until you find something you like. At the moment I am liking dark ivory and turquoise, it goes all crackly and lovely.

In my attempt to run before I can walk I have tried out silver wire (they grey and black beads in the middle) Again that is much harder that it looks. First of all I managed to vaporise most of the piece I was using then I got a load of squiggles, eventually I made some stick and melted it in to silver spots. Nearly melted my fingers at one point!

The one above are the ugly ones, the ones only a creator could love and to be quite honest I am not that struck either!!!Particularly ugly is the one on the far right, its huge, its orange and its UGLY!!!

This last lot are some of the first off of the production line (apart from the eye one which snuck in) You can see I hope that I have progressed from this motley bunch of odd shaped glass blobs.

Hope you all have a nice day, off to work, preparing for an office move which is the 4th time in 2 years, its hard labour, I hope this is the last time.

No comments: