Sunday, February 01, 2009

My Town Monday - A personal View!!!!

WE HAVE SNOW!!!!!






Now I realise that in some parts of the world this isn't a great big deal, but in these parts its a biggie!!!! So far this winter we have missed every single speck of it, but this time we are in the right place and at the right time. That is as opposed to in Sunny Belgium when everyone else in Welwyn Garden City was covered in a few inches of the white stuff.
The forecast has been saying snow on the way, but usually we sit in a warm spot immune from the snow, this time we have been caught, squarely and fairly!!
I have checked the school web site and they have called it off for tomorrow, seems a bit of a scant excuse to me, but it'll give Beth a chance to get out there and enjoy it for a while.
So this is My, My Town Monday offering fresh from the ski resort of Welwyn Garden City !!!!!

18 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

I expect snow man pictures.

Yizz said...

You are more than welcome to it - do you want to come take our share too? Great the kids are having fun in it though.

Sue Jones said...

Love that face!! Stay warm xx

Debbielou said...

They've closed the school - already !!??

We've got a small dusting here too - kids are very excited ! x

suebaru said...

Erm....how much have you got?? There's not that much this side!!

domestic goddess said...

so jealous, sent it up the A1 will you please hun!!!

Anonymous said...

Huh? We haven't got snow and we're really close aren't we? Maybe it'll hit overnight.....

Raymonde said...

I also very excited, I don't know if Chantal will be going to school, but Liam is not going to work (day off) so yeepee, I can just enjoy it tomorrow. Thanks again for all your help. Love you. xxxxx

debra said...

Enjoy!

Kim Marie said...

Enjoy the snowday!! Good for you!!

I think your snow is arriving here on Tuesday, but if you want to keep it, go ahead :)
Kim Marie

Sepiru Chris said...

I agree, the white stuff is great and so exciting when it is infrequent.

Reb said...

I usually enjoy the first snowfall of the season, but after a few months of the stuff, it loses some of its appeal. Round about this time of year, snow is just another 4-letter word ;)

Barrie said...

Enjoy your snow day! What fun photos!

Debbielou said...

Kids are now really excited - loads here and both of their schools are now closed !!!!!

Clare2e said...

What's more fun than snowflakes when you don't expect them. We're sitting on a light snowpack here, but I find the enthusiasm in those pictures infectious just the same!

Manna said...

:) So glad you had snow!

pattinase (abbott) said...

I lived there a year and never saw a flake. Enjoy.

Linda McLaughlin said...

Enjoy the snow while you can. That would be a big deal here, too.