Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day.

So how was it for you???? I had a very nice day, I received a bowl of miniature daffodils, a bowl of hyacinths and some strawberries!! Very nice too. I gave my beloved a home made card and a CD of Abbas greatest hits, which will be great for our forthcoming journey to Sunderland!!!
Beth on the other hand did rather well, she got a lovely anonymous card with a picture of a chimp on the front. She was immediately suspicious that it had been sent by Malcolm, but I assured her that he was old enough to be her grandfather and that he didn't have enough time between press ups to go to the shops (Unless he was sourcing a fire proof safe from Tescos of course!!) So she came to the conclusion that it had been sent by the younger far better looking Sam who spoilt her with a box of chocs and a teddy mobile phone 'thingy'.
Today we finally exchanged Christmas presents with our second best holiday friends Wendy and Ian!! They had a very hectic Christmas with loads of visitors, we had a similar time with visitors and Tom working. I am ashamed to say that we got them up out of bed when we arrived at 10.30!! Disgusting Wendy, some people have done a days work by then!!!!
I am pleased that I have a week off work and I am looking forward to my trip to the frozen North east.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a lovely Valentine's. Sorry I haven't dropped by in a while but it's been fun catching up. Fingers crossed for Carl!

Debbielou said...

Glad Beth liked her secret Valentine gifts ( Like father like son !)Thank you 4 our card - brilliant !! x

Good luck for Carl x