Monday, July 05, 2010

A 'Blue Peter' Badge!!!

Beth is an avid Blue Peter fan and for some time now has been trying to acquire a coveted Blue Peter badge. Blue Peter has been around for ages, I can remember myself wanting the same thing when I was a little younger than her. Every Christmas I used to get a BP annual and there was always a competition to enter. In those days it was a simple competition, I can remember spending days trying to make as many words as possible out of the words, Blue Peter. Back then we did not have the use of computers so all the work was a slog. It was so worth it if it resulted in a coveted Blue Peter badge!!
Beth has finally been awarded a badge. She sent in a poem about life in the war years, quite some time ago. Yesterday a package arrived complete with a nice letter and the much desired badge. Well done Beth, I must try and find mine!!

No comments: