Monday, October 13, 2008

My Town Monday - Breast Cancer Awareness Month - October.





October is Breast Cancer awareness month and all over the country lots of folk raise money for cancer research. Pink is the colour associated with this charity so for the past few years the council have reminded everyone by dying the water in the town centre fountain PINK . It certainly makes the fountain a talking point. Sometimes on a dull day it just looks muddy but on a sunny day it looks very striking.

This post was bought to you by My Town Monday, brain child of Travis Irwin!!!

10 comments:

Manna said...

Oh, I love colourful fountains and the ones that "dance" :)

David Cranmer said...

Good post. I wanted to ask you if you pick the music that plays on your blog? We have similar tastes and I just wanted to mention I enjoy the tunes.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome way to honor breast cancer month.

Happy belated Birthday to your son as well!

pattinase (abbott) said...

Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it.

Travis Erwin said...

Pink water certainly beats the grungy gray color you see if most fountains around here.

Reb said...

I love it! I think it is a wonderful way for the town to remind everyone.

Ray said...

Magic. I didn't know about Breast Cancer Awareness month. Not even a hint of it down here. Usually, there is something on in the shopping centre but it seems that the Metropolitan Police have cornered it for a promo to get teenagers to join the Army cadets or the St.John's Ambulance rather than join gangs.
You have a great blog - seen some of your comments elsewhere so I thought I'd have a look. Glad I dropped by.

suebaru said...

Every year I mean to take a photo of the fountain..and every year i forget!! Must rememeber my camer awhen in town this week!

Shauna Roberts said...

Very pretty.

Katie said...

What a fab idea!

Katie
x