Sunday, October 26, 2008

My Town Monday - Grandads Back Garden!!






For this weeks post I am staying very close to home, in fact in my dads back garden!! We have lived in Welwyn Garden City for some time and around 8 years ago Mum and Dad decided to move closer to us, so close that they now live in a house which is literally at the bottom of our garden!! When they were looking for a house one of the considerations was the back garden. Dad has always been a gardener, everything he touches grows. As we live in a town the gardens are generally not too big. When they found the house that they eventually bought the garden was smaller than they were used to and pretty much all laid to patio with a pond in the middle. In total it measures around 12 feet by 20 feet.Within a year of moving in dad had converted it to a lush area with plants of all sorts growing there.
In the spring he makes hanging baskets, these baskets have become very popular with friends and neighbours, he plants up their baskets and the money he makes from it funds the purchase of new plants. One year we all ended up with very exotic baskets. He had loads of orders and wasn't able to keep them all in his green house. He ended up lining them up the side of the garden path all around the garden. Some of them were under the bird seed feeders. So we all hung up our baskets and started to find these strange plants growing, and growing and growing. One of my baskets had 12 or so of these plants. I checked out our neighbours and his neighbours and they had them as well. I asked him what these plants were as I had never had them before. He didn't know. Then the penny dropped, he had sold us all baby cannabis plants!!!! We think the seeds must have come from the bird feeder!!
So that was 'My town Monday' bought to you by Travis Irwin and your local cannabis dealer!!!!

13 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

How lovely that garden is. Thanks for the pics.

Travis Erwin said...

Did you just refer to me as you local cannabis dealer? If so that would be my brother not me. I'm clean as a whistle I swear.

My grandpa had an amazing backyard as well.

Alex said...

How beautiful, what a great place to be able to hang out! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

I love the pics and the story of the exotic plants!

How nice that they live close by. My folks do as well and it has been a great benefit to my kids.

Jenn Jilks said...

Beautiful shots!

We are well into late fall.
We have had snow, but it has melted. Then hail, but that melted.

debra said...

How wonderful to see photos of lovely flowers on this cold,gray, rainy day.
My husband's parents live over the stream and through the woods. We are able to help them as they get older, and my children grew up next to their grandparents.

Barrie said...

That garden is crazy beautiful! I'm jealous.

Reb said...

That garden is lovely! I didn't know they put cannabis seed in the bird seed there - that is funny!

Karen Fisher-Alaniz said...

LOL! That is so funny. And it explains why the birds at my feeder fly so high. Hehehe...couldn't resist.

David Cranmer said...

Wonderful pics of a beautiful garden. (my wife agrees too:)

Manna said...

What a grand place! I love it and I so envy you have such a beautiful place to be in!

Lou Sims said...

WOW I wish my garden looked so colourful. Your Dad definitely has "green fingers".

I really laughed out loud about the hanging baskets. That really is such a cool story. Luckily no policemen live near you guys then !?!??!

Katie said...

What a gorgeous garden Lizzy, it's beautiful.

Katie
x