This week has been hectic, Mum is still in hospital and looking at having another operation next week. She has had a scan on her leg and they can see that its still bleeding, so they are going to have to go in and stop that. They are worried about another general so will have to look at epidural or worse case local and sedation.I just hope they can get it sorted it has been nearly five weeks in bed now.
Madeline on the other hand (or leg!!) is doing very well, she is up and about and Grace tells me may be discharged later today or tomorrow, brilliant news. I am keeping my fingers crossed for her.
Yesterday I spent a lazy day playing with my glass. I just wanted to try out some techniques and use some of the new presses that I had bought. By and large things came out OK, I am having a real problem using the heart press and I will have to look for further advice on that which is a little disappointing as I want to make hearts. Nothing is as easy as it looks.
Anyway here are a few of my successes.
These were made with my new lentil press they were fairly easy and I made a fair few with the same colour and I plan to turn them into a necklace sometime soon.
Made with the same press and same colours I need to keep practicing the flower shapes!
Same lentil press but red glass .
My first commission!! My friend Hannah asked me to make a few beads for her bracelet, I have explained that I am still in my practice makes perfect stage, but she wanted a couple anyway, so I hope she likes them.
Lastly I watched a tutorial at Flame Off last weekend and decided to have a try, again not as easy as it looks The one on the right is a bit blobby particularly around the dots which have melted into a splodge and not in an attractive way!!!The one on the left has nicer spots but is generally lumpy, so once I have learned how to combine the two elements, I may have a usable button.
Its been fun trying!!!